This workshop guides the participant through the value proposition for hiring an interim leader.
Organizations are often faced with challenging projects to deliver transformation and growth. Resourcing these projects with suitably experienced leaders requires careful diagnosis of precisely what skills, availability, and deliverables are required. The option of engaging an experienced leader on a fixed-term contract to lead the project, or elements of it, can be the best resourcing option. Participants will work on their specific project requirement throughout the workshop – ensuring that their takeaways are immediately actionable on return to the office.
- Evaluate the rationale for an interim leader
- Analyze business challenges to determine critical outcomes
- Change management
- Define the DNA of an interim leader using the SCILL © model
- Build a professional profile using the SCILL © model framework
- Build a personal profile for an interim leader referencing the GREAT competencies
- Create a framework to set clear expectations of the interim leader
- Construct an interview plan for selecting the right interim leader
- Articulate the business case for hiring an interim leader
- Based on research and expert analysis in the book “Rise of the Gig Leaders”, understand the changing world of work and contrast the use of permanent/contract/consultancy/interim resources
- Based on the SCILL © model, determine the business benefit of an interim leader
- Unpack the components of the SCILL © model (Savvy, Critical, Impact, Leadership, Legacy) and analyze the client project metrics associated with each
- Build a personal profile for an interim leader based on the culture of the client organization and project requirement – conduct risk/benefit analysis associated with GREAT competencies
- Using the sample questions provided, build an interview plan
- Conduct model stakeholder interviews to justify this resourcing rationale
- 1 day
Who should attend:
- Senior business leaders
- Change management specialists
- HR leaders and resourcing professionals
Please contact Focal Leadership with any questions or to learn more about the Interim Leadership—The Business Case Workshop.